Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hello August

Low and behold it is almost half-way through August and I have made no updates worth a damn. I have been continuing work diligently. Most recently I have been re-acquainting myself with the World Map system. Making sure I remember how it works still and ensuring that I update all my map pins and transitions. I had another brief foray into the custom .tlk and 2da world. I created a few background/history feats. I always liked how little things about what you've done in game would appear as feats in your feat list in the OC. I always chuckle when I see (despite the fact I was proven innocent) that I am still "THE BUTCHER OF EMBER".

I have been running the toolset all day and apparently it doesn't take kindly to my work ethic. It is getting sluggish and crashy. The lady of the house suggests I turn it off and have a break. But I am on a roll! One of those head smashing, mind bleeding rolls. Those are the good kind though. I normally seem to get the most done during them. I do enjoy the blissful "flash of genius" rolls, of course. The ones where everything falls in to place as I bend the toolset to my vision in record time.

On a terrifying side note I may have corrupted the OC module files while poking around in them somehow. I'll have to reinstall if this is true. Most likely will be. My kind of luck. Other people who fiddle with NWN stuff often tell me they have never known anyone with worse luck regarding corruptions.

Hey! Turns out I was wrong. Yay! No reinstall.

I like this new style of blog post, where I narrate my nightly work. Maybe I should do it more often to ensure that I actually update this thing.

My current OC delving is for the purpose of figuring out how they redirect the player to separate WPs . It is actually proving to be extremely difficult to figure out for such a little thing. I've found that to be how it usually works though... the littlest things require so much complex effort while the largest ones often require the simple setting of an integer.

Wow, this is really, really confusing stuff. Going to focus.

-Inder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Inder. Just stoped by to see how things are going. Things seems to go smoothly, that's good to hear. Best rolls to you all the time.

Inder said...

Heya, C_M. Sorry I didn't see your comment sooner. I'm still not used to people actually commenting on this blog. Thanks a lot for your support!