Wednesday, August 29, 2007

GG

Another crash and corruption today. Once again, a system out of memory error during an autosave plunged me into a danger zone where attempting to manually save will indelibly lead to corruption of the file due to a crash during the save. In order to avoid this the only thing I have found to work is to immediately load my 2nd most recent autosave and lose about 15 minutes work (not *too* big of a deal). However, today, because the toolset hates me, it decided to delete the entire contents of my autosave folder. It was mysteriously empty upon my load attempt. I had not manually saved all day. Therefore, I was forced to close the toolset to avoid corruption and reload my save from last night. I lost about 3 hours of work from today.

It is very very hard to motivate myself to continue work on this project when more and more frequently I am forced to repeat my work two or sometimes three times.

To date, I have recorded 48 crashes during saves, 41 corrupted module files and I estimate about 20 hours of lost work. That is on this project alone.

I don't like to say things like this but I really can't find any other way to express my frustration.

GG Obsidian.

-Inder

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GG?

QQ!

This project is starting to sound as frustrating as WoW.

Lariam said...

Just losing 3 hours of work must be very frustrating... :(

Hopefully the next patch will bring considerable improvements to the stability of the toolset. I read in an interview that it should.

Cheers...

Mr. Darke said...

Just out of curiosity - what are your system specs?

And how big is your mod folder?

I sympathize with your frustrations - I'm not sure I could take that level of pain either.

Lariam said...

Are you still working on this, Inder? Cheers...