Thursday, November 1, 2007

November the 1

Hello, blog. I'm back.

I've been so busy with things not NWN2. I have a lot to update everyone on. So much that it will have to come as an exciting multi-part series! I'll start with my most recent problem first.

As I post this I have another virus scan running in the background. A few days ago I became infected with a large host of spyware, viruses and other malware. The extent of the infection was so great that my computer basically could not be used. Now I have the majority of the malware under control but one problem persists. A program called Trojan.Vundo a.k.a. VirtuMonde. Now, I'm not a tech support worker but I'm no scrub when it comes to computers. Even I can't get rid of this bastard. I have an open thread on the TechSupportGuy forums, http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/645767-malicious-program-problem-psw-x.html, if any of you are extremely savvy with removing malware and have any tips.

It figures that this would happen only days after I get MotB installed (which is a whole 'nother can of worms that I will touch on next time). I was just starting to get to work using the new tools available to me.

So, there it is. I'm not dead. Check back soon for the next installment in this exciting trilogy!

-Inder

No comments: