Friday, November 2, 2007

The Dawn of the Dead

Okay, part two.

I've also been extremely busy lately working. A little over 5 weeks ago now I was fired from my job at FedEx. Suffice to say that they have an extremely unreasonable attendance policy that, in mu opinion, guarantees you will get fired if you work there long enough. They are kind of shooting themselves in the foot here. As my manager put it, when it comes to my job "there's none better". To make up for it I have my old job at my local game store back. I work 38+ hours a week there now, so time is sparse compared to before. Overall, I'm much happier for the change. The job at FedEx was at night, basically outdoors, and painful physical labor. I make just as much money now as before thanks to the amount of hours I have at the game store, named the Game Preserve (henceforth known as the GP). The only real downside is that I received benefits through FedEx that were extremely good and extremely cheap. Now I have no insurance of any kind.

As an update on my last post, I have finally solved my virus woes. The guys at TechSupportGuy Forums were extremely helpful. They directed me to a number of free programs that scanned my computer and examined my logs line by line to ensure the most targeted and accurate spyware removal possible. If any of you have serious computer issues that you cannot solve yourself, then I recommend you check them out.

-Inder

2 comments:

Lariam said...

Glad to see you're back; sorry about your job (to the extent that it was unfortunate).

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you´re alive. I wish you luck in your new job and in your mod.

Could you give as a brief update of you adventure?