Sunday, July 15, 2007

How it all Comes Together

Obsidian provided us with a great new method of game building in NWN2: the campaign. Stringing multiple modules together allows for larger and better games. I enjoy the possibilities and flexibility that the system affords to the designer. Shadows of the Past will, of course, be using the campaign system. As of right now, Chapter 1 tentatively has 3 modules that comprise it. A 4th module may be added later on, depending on whether or not I feel one is warranted. Each module will consist of 15-20 areas. My work has been centered on the 1st module of chapter 1 at the moment and I am pleased to say that this module is almost done. This module consists of 17 areas and will take the player through the story all the way until the city of Everlund itself. I currently have 15/17 areas completed and then I can begin on writing conversations and scripts, which is something I immensely enjoy. I anticipate the final two areas to be done in a few days.

It is time for me to get back to work. I leave today with another screenshot of the High Forest. I was going to add a pic of Sylwood Hamlet but somehow that screenshot became all distorted and weird.


















- Inder

No comments: