Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Short Version

I am returned. I left off earlier just short of diving into a description and preview of the Shadows of the Past (SotP). Like most modules I've been designing for NWN1 and 2 it is set in the Forgotten Realms. Personally, I am a lore nerd for the setting and memorize pointless dates, locations and events. This knowledge always helps shape and define my modules. That being said, I went out of my way this time to garner even more knowledge of the setting. I intend to fill the campaign with as many details as I can without it becoming overwhelming. Hopefully the result will be a completely believable FR experience.

Now, for what the campaign is actually about. Set in the Silver Marches, your character receives a mysterious summons from an unknown party to the tiny logging village of Sylwood Hamlet, nestled just inside the Silverwood. Curious, you make the journey but not long after you arrive the village is in flames. Suddenly, you find yourself on the run from the army of Everlund, a nearby metropolis, being hounded for a crime you did not commit. In your journey to clear your name you come upon the intricate and deadly deception that has befallen the city of Everlund.

Well, there's the blurb. If I had a box I'd put that on the back of it. What I just described will only be the first installment of the campaign. That's right, it will be a series. I know some people are probably disappointed by this. "Oh great, another "OC" that will never be finished". You may be right sadly, but damnit if this idea dies then it goes down fighting.

In any event, it is a multi-part campaign. I am hesitant to use the term "Chapters" but I will anyways. Chapter 1, what I just described, will be called "The Deception of Everlund". This chapter will have you and your companions traveling all around the Savage Frontier and the Silver Marches in an attempt to evade the Army of the Vale, Everlund's army, and prove your innocence. Expect to explore some high profile places, such as the Evermoors and the High Forest, as well as some less well-known areas and places that I created myself.

Time for some screenshots:



















Here is a screenshot of the Forest Queen's Peace, the only inn in Sylwood Hamlet and one of the first areas in the game. I am personally very fond of this area.




















This one is a part of the High Forest, another favorite of mine.

Well, it is late/early and I'm going to take off. Soon I will post a link to this blog in the Modules forum of the BioWare boards. So, I hope you like what you see.

-Inder

No comments: